The year 2020 was far from ordinary.
We’ve seen some interesting changes within Carousell, and we’re here to share key insights with you – so you can plan your business strategies for a better year ahead.
In Singapore, overall search volume on Carousell increased by 450% compared to 2019.
1. More merchants seeing benefits of video marketing
- An e-commerce study found 73% of visitors who watch product videos are likely to make a purchase.
- On Carousell, more merchants are utilising video listings with a 150% growth in listings over the last 6 months.
Videos can lead to a greater sense of trust. Product videos provide buyers with quality information that static images cannot. From the start, consumers understand the products they’re ordering, eliminating any need for any needless and time-consuming communication.
2. A surge in search volume for gaming consoles, gaming chairs and office chairs
Gaming consoles have reported record levels of engagement across the globe. Closer to home, we noticed a spike in searches for Nintendo Switch and PS4 consoles, especially during the circuit breaker period.
With 41% of Singaporeans working from home more than before, and as companies opt to continue remote work, gaming and office chairs are seemingly ideal for prolonged hours of work at home.
“With work from home likely to remain the new norm for the foreseeable future, people are finding that they can no longer compromise on comfort.”
– Ian Alexander Ang, Secretlab co-founder in an interview with The Straits Times.
Stay top-of-mind with CarouBiz.
Gain a competitive edge with 4x more clicks and 50% more leads!
3. Fashion and Health & Beauty are our top categories in 2020!
*Top performing constitutes categories that have the highest demand in terms of search volume in 2020. Top emerging is measured by the increase in search volume from 2019.
- COVID-19 has propelled the demand for secondhand fashion. With the slowing economy, many are opting for quality resale products instead, including luxury goods. This has also helped boost sustainability.
- With more consumers setting up home offices and classrooms, furniture and consumer electronics have been in demand. Sales for electronics are up by 58% online, with prices inflating for the first time in years. Thus, many turn to platforms like Carousell to look for lower prices.
- An ongoing pandemic naturally led to an exponential increase in demand for health-related goods like masks and hand sanitizers.
You can now get our CarouBiz Booster Package with a
one-time grant support of 90% from Enterprise Singapore
subject to eligibility.
Speak to us to find out more!